Saturday, January 17, 2009

Indescribable...


This is how I feel at the moment. Today, my heart was yet again touched in many "indescribable" ways. God is speaking to me in my heart about so many things. I am learning so much about this culture, but I must first tell you about something that I see day to day.

I am learning what it feels like to be an overseas missionary wife and mother full-time. I am in awe of both Josh and Julie. Yet, as a woman, I have been watching Julie and she is absolutely amazing! She is pregnant, a mother of two children (3 and under), a pastor's wife, and a minister to the women here at the Church. The Lord has blessed her with so much wisdom for such a young age.

I am watching how she lives in this place of overseas missions. I know this is what I am called to be in due time when the Lord releases me, but I am discovering some of the challenges a woman can face here in this place. She is also so fortunate to have Josh as her husband.

He is one of the most honorable men I know and like such a big brother to me. He helps with the children, cleans the house, helps cook, and works full-time at the Church teaching, counseling, and translating the language. What grace the Lord has given him and such a gift of service that he has! Josh is an example of what men should aim to be like and I am sure of it!

I am also learning a lot about having a healthy family. I wake up every morning to the sound of children either screaming, playing, laughing, or crying depending on their moods. Lucy and Musa awakened me early this morning overlooking my bed and laughing as they were ready to play! Of course I had not had a wink of sleep because I was still jet lagged, however, I had to get up anyway for today was Saturday and that meant waffle time for breakfast! I was so tired but who could resist these blond haired, blue eyed baby dolls?

I have known this family for a very long time and I feel like I am falling in love with them all over again! They are very dear to my heart and it's been awesome being able to help them with their beautiful children challenges and all!!!! This was one of my main goals here to be a help to Josh and Julie with the children and with cleaning their house. I am loving every minute of it even when I get tired!

Julie and I also went to a women's Bible study today at Devri's house. Every time I am around Devri, I am reminded of my Aunt Linda who was my mentor growing up. She is so gentle, calm, wise, and motherly. I have met a lot of women since I left Alabama but there have been very few I have met like my Aunt Linda. This woman Devri is at the top of my list. She is such a good teacher and reminded me of how much I miss being around older women who are my mother's age. Today, there were many older women and they were all so loving!

I know I didn't understand the language, but I really felt the love of God again so strong in her home. In the midst of being surrounded by these women from all walks of life, I felt the unity with the same Spirit, the Spirit of God! I again felt that feeling of safety and security. I couldn't help but begin to cry as Devri was teaching her lesson. Julie translated for me bits and pieces as she could and my heart began to melt with the love of the Father.

I am definitely finding healing. I can't wait to see what God does next. Tomorrow we travel to another village and I will be able to see another side of this country. I am expectant of great things! Love you all and blessings!


No comments: