Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti: God's Desire Is For You

My heart is stirred for this nation right now more than ever as I recently discovered about the 7.0 earthquake that devastated one city of Port-au-Prince. I have friends who are going to help with relief work and one who is from Haiti.  Please continue to join me in prayer for this country and for my friends and their families who are there.

I know a lot of people are not happy with Pat Robertson right now for some of his comments he has made, but the truth is that God will do whatever it takes to bring a people unto Himself. Honestly, I don't know if this was caused by God or not.  Yet, I do know this, my friends, God is far beyond us. 

He is also a Holy God.  He is not just a far off Being watching things happen.  No, He is very much involved in every detail.  In my humanity, I do not fully understand His ways, but I know He is good.  Just as it said in "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" when Lucy was asking about Aslan being safe, her friend replied: "He isn't safe, but He is good." 

If you study out the history of the country of Haiti, you will find out many dark discoveries about what lies behind this government.  I believe that when we make dark alliances such as they have done, there are reprocussions.  There are reprocussions to every sin we ever commit.

Although sin is viewed as the same in God's eyes, on this earth, some sins have a greater affect in our eyes and can actually influence whole nations.  I encourage you to study the spiritual history of Haiti and perhaps, if you are a Christian, you will be more burdened to pray for these people. Yet, we must see all of this through the lenses that God is good.  He is merciful. His mercy is not like our view of mercy.  He loves the whole world!

Please pray that God's will would be done in this land and for His light to shine forth to literally change hearts and change the infrastructure of an already fragile government.  Please pray for true salvation to spring up from the rubble.  Pray for life and for these dry bones to live again.  Come Lord Jesus. Come.

No comments: