Thursday, May 7, 2009

Still Alive

I find myself in the midst of this place again.
Here I am, face to the ground, for I have fallen.
But You lift my head and whisper in my ear, "You are still alive."
These whispers move through my bones and begin to breathe new life.
My anxious thoughts begin to clear and I can finally see what is real.
You tell me, "This is the way," and You lead me by Your hand.
For a moment, I lost sight and the darkness overwhelmed me.
Yet, now I can see but a glimpse of the light on the other side.

You tell me I don't belong here and it's time to go.
After fighting against You, I finally surrender.
I finally give in.
Where I thought I belonged is only but a vapor.
This place was never meant to be my home.
Yet, I have chosen to dwell here.
But now as you call to me, I have no other option but to say "Yes."
Fearful of what is unknown, I know in the depths that Your way is best.
Though I cannot see this full picture, I am beginning to believe that You are good.

Inside this flame, which is painful at times, is the only way to be where You are.
So I will go as long as I can be with You.
When this is said and done, I will be new.
When this is said and done, You and I will be one.
I will come out not the same as I once was, but I will be more like You.
If this is true, I will go.
I cannot go back to what was yesterday.
Whatever it takes, have Your way, until what You have to do is done.
I will go with You.

No comments: