Sunday, February 8, 2009

He Will Rebuild The Ancient Ruins...


As I walked through the village and took a look at these ancient doors, the ancient ruins you may call them, I couldn't help but think of the promises in Isaiah 61:4. I also thought about Jeremiah 33 for He truly is a God of restoration.

Here in this village which overlooks the downtown city, there lives behind these walls a loving people. They are hard workers trying to earn their wage by selling what they can with the beautiful things they have made with their own hands. It is amazing.

I fell in love with a little girl who was there trying to sell me jewelry that her mother had made. She was cute so I could understand why her mother sent her out to sell them. Possibly her little smile would encourage a person to buy the products her mother had made. Perhaps, with her, there was a better chance for her family to earn a good daily wage.

I was also delighted to actually be able to have a small conversation with her because I have learned a few more words in this language. In order to snatch a picture of her, I was encouraged by Josh to purchase something. Therefore, I ended up buying a precious little bracelet for about 45 American cents. However, this picture below is absolutely priceless!



As soon as we arrived in this peaceful little place, we drew a small crowd of people. We also began taking pictures of these pieces of history and moments in time. As we began to be noticed, small children rushed to the windows of their homes to see us, other children rushed outside of their homes to talk to us. Most of them were trying to sell things and earn 50 cents or so, maybe even one whole dollar!


As I walked through these narrow roads through the village, I was also reminded of the powerful 3 days we were able to experience this week. God did so many amazing things. One of them being God giving me the ability to play the piano during a prayer set that was not planned.

Darren Davis came with Matt Reed for a few days for this Pastor's Conference we had here at the Church. Darren's teaching was soooo amazing! The Lord spoke through him in fire! God really touched many people in power during the ministry time after his teaching.

It was really encouraging having them here as it was a piece of home away from home. It was also so good to laugh and enjoy the time with tasty treats which Darren loved so much. He made sure he always had his share of snacks everyday! He is also known as "Daddy D" to me as he has been a spiritu
al father to me for over 6 years. Darren also brought some teachings and music from our church to encourage me.

From the moment, I listened to the CD he gave me of a prayer service from The Harbour, tears welled up in my eyes. I couldn't believe how much I truly missed the music ministry at The Harbour. We really have something that is so rare and so awesome! I love it here and I love helping with the music ministry at this church as well, but I have been missing receiving from the Holy S
pirit in powerful ways through music.

As I was going to sleep last night, I was listening to the music from the prayer time where a good friend was singing and for the first time in 4 weeks, I had a good cry with the Lord. It feels so good when we can just cast our cares upon Him and weep in a good way. The CDs were a great encouragement for me during this time.

The conference was really interesting and I feel
the people who came received beneficial information regarding Church leadership. This is really good because many people who are new Christian converts never grew up in the Church and have a limited understanding of how leadership works in a Biblical way.

Another powerful moment for me was meeting 4 brothers who were Iranian refugees Darren asked them to come up yesterday and as he prayed for them, I felt such an anointing over their lives. It was so powerful as they have endured many tribulations. They became Christians after they left Iran 4 years ago but I could sense that they are so hungry for the deep things of God.

I have noticed this in many of the recent converts here who were once Muslims and have suffered greatly. They have a love for God's Word that is so strong! Jesus says: "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled." I can see this in their lives and it is incredible to see!


In closing, I have been so blessed to meet these wonderful people! What a rare experience this has been for me and God has been so faithful to bring me here
to see His heart for the restoration of these Muslim nations. He will rebuild what has been destroyed through the generations. I am sad to say that I have one more week here in the Middle East, yet I am still in great expectation of what He is going to do next. Blessings!


1 comment:

Fern said...

I LOVE how those shutters don't fit the size of the window in the 1st photo :)